BSidesTLV 2020 Call for Papers is now open!
The 2020 edition of Security BSides in Israel, BSidesTLV 2020, is returning once again during Tel Aviv University's Cyber Week (June 28th - July 2nd 2020).
BSidesTLV will take place on Thursday, July 2nd 2020, from 10:00am until 19:00pm, followed by our traditional After-party.
Who should apply?
BSidesTLV is a hands-on, community-organized hacking and security research event. This is the chance for you to share knowledge, ideas and failures and demonstrate what you've been up to!
We encourage talk submissions by both newbies and veterans, from people passionate about security in all walks of life. If we don't know who you are, or if you've never spoken on stage before - we want you, so go ahead and submit a talk!
Available speaking slots:
- 45min - Deep-dive, technical talk
- 25min - Regular talks
- 25min - Underground talk (limited audience, off-the-record)
- 10min - Lightning talks
The 45min and 25min slots include 5min for Q&A so please take that under consideration when creating your talk.
Topics we would like to hear about:
- Network Security & Wireless Networks
- Hardware Hacking & Embedded Systems
- Mobile and Portable Devices
- Radio Hacking: SDR and RF, GSM, NFC, etc.
- [Web] Application Security
- Vulnerability Research & Disclosure
- Hack The Human & Social Engineering
- Live DEMO of something awesome
- Anything else Hacking related - try us!
The conference theme this year is CyberPunk, The science fiction genre focusing on near-future- "high tech & low life" dystopian visions of a hyper-technological future, with hackers as the genre's heroes and anti-heroes. The Cyberpunk theme means that alongside our regular security research CFP topics we are also looking for talks about bio-hacking, surveillance tech and counter-tech, cool hacks of embedded devices, hardware hacking and anything that sparks your imagination and is a little bit "science fiction".
Important BSidesTLV 2020 dates:
- February 1st 2020 - CFP open
- March 31st at 23:59:59 2020 - CFP close
- April 15th 2020 - Accepted talks notified
- May 1st 2020 - Agenda announced to the public with final talk title & abstract
- June 15th 2020 - Presentation/slides due for review
- July 1st 2020 - Speakers' dinner
- July 2nd 2020 - BSidesTLV and after party!
Why you should speak at BSidesTLV 2020
You’ll win the audience’s admiration and a chance to visit Tel Aviv and be a part of Cyber Week, an annual event that brings over 8000 international guests from 60 countries to Tel Aviv.
- A stage to present your topic, in English, to an audience of nearly a thousand passionate individuals.
- Special, limited edition speaker T-shirt and speaker gifts.
- Speakers dinner on the night before the event
- Guaranteed entry to the after party.
As a community-focused, free and non-profit event, we currently do not cover flights or offer honorariums to our speakers, but in special cases we might be able to provide some assistance for overseas speakers (lightning talks excluded). Please contact us.
If you are traveling from abroad, we hope you’ll enjoy the chance to visit sunny Tel Aviv and connect with our amazing local security community. We promise to make it fun, safe, educational , and worth your while!
Our Code of Conduct:
All attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at our conference are required to agree to the following code of conduct:
BSidesTLV is dedicated to providing a safe and harassment-free conference experience regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices, to all participants. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants, speakers or organizers in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks, workshops, parties, Twitter and any other online media. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference at the discretion of the conference organizers.
The organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
More details can be found at http://confcodeofconduct.com/
You can enter submissions until 2020-03-31 23:59 (Asia/Jerusalem), 1 day, 3 hours from now.